LL.B. University of Punjab,
Post Graduate Diploma in International Trade (WTO) Laws, University of Punjab
Correspondence Course in Islamic Law, Islamic International University, Islamabad
Nadeem Shehzad Hashmi
Advocate High Court, Pakistan
LL.B. University of Punjab,
Nadeem Shehzad Hashmi joined Raja Mohammad Akram & Co. in 2006 as an associate and was inducted as a partner in the law firm in 2018. He is an advocate of the High Court of Pakistan with over 17 years of experience as a litigator. Nadeem specializes in civil litigation with a focus on corporate and commercial law, insurance law and property law. He has particular expertise in the real estate and property sector, textile sector, pharmaceutical sector and gas and energy sector.
Nadeem is currently representing one of the biggest real estate companies in Pakistan in a portfolio of litigation in relation to land disputes arising from the development of a housing scheme in Lahore. In addition, he has successfully represented corporate and commercial clients in proceedings at various tribunals, including the Rent Tribunal, the Service Tribunal and the Insurance Tribunal. Nadeem has successfully represented domestic and overseas clients in succession and inheritance related matters in relation to property in Pakistan and abroad.
Nadeem regularly appears in civil proceedings on behalf of textile manufacturers in relation to disputes with the gas utility companies under gas supply agreements. He has recently acted in a major dispute against Microsoft Corporation on behalf of a pharmaceutical company.
Mr. Hashmi is based in the Lahore office of the firm but has appeared before various trial courts and tribunals in Pakistan. He is also a member of the Lahore High Court Bar Association.
- Successfully defended a client in a benami suit at the civil court in relation to the legal title of the property; total value of the property amounted to PKR 30 Million
- Represented a banking company in a defamation suit at the civil court against the plaintiff claiming damages amounting to PKR 100 Million
- Successfully represented a textile company in an insurance claim before the Insurance Tribunal and recovered PKR 90 Million
- Successfully represented an overseas Pakistani family before Rent Tribunal in an intricate ejectment petition and successfully recovered rented property amounting to PKR 70 Million
- Represented one of the legal heirs of a high net worth individual before trial court and successfully recovered PKR 320 Million as share in the estate left by the deceased businessman
- Successfully represented a textile company before OGRA against allegation of pilferage leveled by SNGPL
- Representing a pharmaceutical company against Microsoft Corporation in a suit for damages amounting to PKR 400 Million (on going)
- Currently handling litigation portfolio involving 150 cases of renowned real estate company having developed its housing scheme in Lahore
- Representing and defending a textile company in a claim of PKR 337 Million raised by Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited (on going)