LL.B (Hons), University of London
BBA (Hons), Lahore School of Economics (LSE)
M.A. Political Science, University of Punjab
Abuzar Salman Khan Niazi
Advocate High Court, Pakistan
LL.B (Hons), University of London
Abuzar Salman Khan Niazi began his practice of law in 2013 at Cornelius, Lane and Mufti and joined Raja Muhammad Akram and Co as a Partner in April, 2018. Abuzar specializes in constitutional law, civil law, banking law, labour law and environmental law. He has extensive experience in the food and beverage sector and energy and power sector. Abuzar maintains a versatile practice which also includes legal advisory work and regulatory affairs. He has recently advised corporate clients on the laws relating to merger and demerger under the Companies Act, 2017, the law of benami transactions and the constitutional limits on the powers of the provincial tax authorities.
Abuzar has particular expertise in drafting public-private partnership project documents. In addition, he has advised on commercial contracts and mergers and acquisitions in the banking and finance sector. He has in depth knowledge of the property and real estate sector and has counselled on high value land transactions, including due diligence and review of lease deeds, sale deeds and various other instruments of conveyance.
Presently, Abuzar is representing private and public sector clients in corporate, commercial and constitutional cases. He is also involved in several public interest litigations and other complicated civil and banking litigations before the Banking Courts, Civil Courts, Lahore High Court, Sindh High Court and Islamabad High Court. Abuzar often acts in cases with our Senior Partner Mr. Salman Akram Raja, Advocate Supreme Court, and assists him on various intricate questions of law.
Abuzar is the Chairman of the Environmental Protection and Climate Change Committee and also a member of the Executive Committee of the Lahore High Court Bar Association. Abuzar is frequently invited as a legal and constitutional expert on panels and talk-shows by large media outlets. He is a prolific writer and has over fifty publications under his name. He is regularly featured in national newspapers, including the Daily Dawn, the News, the Daily Times, and Pakistan Today.
- Successfully represented Education Excellence Limited (Punjab Group of Colleges) before Lahore High Court in proceedings challenging the construction of a multi-storey building in Lahore under the Punjab Environmental Protection Act, 1997
- Represented an herbal extracting company before the Lahore High Court challenging the order of the Environment Protection Department, Government of Punjab as being ultra vires
- Represented National Transmission & Despatch Company Limited in various cases including employee disputes, land acquisition cases, and rights of way related to construction of smart towers
- Successfully represented 100 contractual employees of Shaheed Benazir Bhutto Women Rights Center, Punjab before the Lahore High Court, culminating in regularization orders being issued by the Lahore High Court
- Successfully represented 200 contractual employees of Social Welfare and Bait ul Mal Department, Punjab before the Lahore High Court; orders for regularization of the employees were passed by the Lahore High Court
- Successfully represented Pakistan Vanaspati Manufacturers (PVMA) before the Islamabad High Court in a challenge to the imposition of anti-dumping duties on import of electrolyte tin plates
- Represented Pakistan Railways in several claims related to employee disputes, land lease, land acquisition, procurements, blacklisting, illegal possession of land, and lease amount recovery
- Representing 54 Vegetable Ghee Manufacturing Mills before the Lahore High Court, in a challenge to the fixation of vegetable ghee prices by the provincial government
- Successfully representing Gulf Sugar Mill Limited in Sindh High Court wherein act of non-release of subsidy by Sindh High Court to the Gulf Sugar Mills Limited has been assailed
- Representing ORIX Leasing Pakistan Limited in various recovery suits, before the banking courts Lahore and also the Lahore High Court, under the Financial Institutions Ordinance 2001 against various defaulters